Galería - Talgo Avril - corporate
Avril: Maximum Capacity at High Speed, with Optimal Comfort
Talgo Avril is our most advanced train and the best solution for railway operators with high capacity demands. Avril combines maximum speed, low energy consumption and a high capacity of more than 600 passengers in an extremely lightweight single-deck train. AVRIL is the most efficient high-speed train in the world.
Talgo has developed a technological platform to meet the current and future needs of a demanding rail market. Avril is a high-speed train that not only increases the number of passengers an operator can carry on each journey, but makes loading and unloading at stations a much faster process.
Increased capacity on a single floor
This optimises the train's features since it can seat more than 600 people without having to resort to a double-deck layout, which makes boarding and disembarking the train harder and brings about an unwelcome feeling for passengers of being boxed-in. The Talgo AVRIL guarantees passenger comfort by allowing sufficient space for each individual passenger by not allowing the design of the train to reduce the width and the distance between the seats.
The ability to carry more passengers improves rolling stock utilisation, allowing operators to offer more competitive prices while decreasing overcrowding on the most popular routes. As a result, operators stand to increase profits and provide a greater return to investors and taxpayers.
A flexible layout with room to spare
- Customised layout offering several possibilities: 3+2, 2+2 or 2+1
- Seats adapted to all uses: A different configuration is available for all types of passengers: individuals, couples, or groups of three to six people.
- The business offer is also adaptable to demand, with flexible middle seat arrangements.
Rapid passenger flow at stations
Passengers carrying luggage can get on and off the train freely due to the high number of doors. Inside they can move around without restriction and without having to use the stairs. But the benefits aren't just limited to increased passenger satisfaction. The train’s design means that the time spent at stops is reduced, which helps to optimise the use of rolling stock and infrastructure.
A solution for every need
Critically, there are no longer limits to interoperability:
- Avril can operate on non-electrified lines by using diesel engines, allowing operators to reach more destinations by simplifying last mile operations.
- The train can be equipped with Talgo’s automatic variable gauge system to allow operation on tracks with different gauges.
- Avril is compatible with the most common electric voltages used on railway tracks anywhere in the world, including direct and alternating current.
- It can be equipped with any train control or monitoring system, including, ERTMS, TVM, LZB, Indusi, ALSN, ATC, BACC, CONVEL.
- By utilising Talgo’s natural tilting system, the train can offer increased speeds on conventional lines which can help to avoid costly infrastructure upgrades.
Less weight, more efficiency... More productive all around
- Thanks to its design and its running gear, AVRIL’s energy consumption is less than that of any other train available on the high-speed market today. And with its high capacity, the result is simply unbeatable energy expenditure per passenger.
- On top of that, the design of its components and the ability to use generic systems reduces maintenance costs and the amount of time the train has to spend in the workshop.
|Maximum speed||365 Km/h|
|Operating speed||330 Km/h|
|Passenger capacity||Approx 500 - 600|
|Trainset configuration||Typically two power cars and 12 cars but adaptable to client specifications|
|Track gauge (mm)||1435-1668|
|Floor height (mm)||760 from rail head|
|Bodyshell width (mm)||3200|
|Unladen weight (tonnes)||317|
|Number of axles||21|
25kV ac (tri-voltage optional)
|Power||2 x 4,400 kW|
Regenerative, rheostatic and air brakes