Galería - Hotel - train - corporate
Hotel-train: Comfortable overnight travel at 250km/h
The Hotel-Train is Talgo's answer to Renfe's demands for long-distance high-speed overnight trains, which can operate both on high-speed and conventional main line networks. By adapting to any track gauge, and with the flexibility to offer carefully adapted interiors, these trains are suitable for the highest-quality night services currently available around the world.
With the Series 7, Talgo entered the high-speed railway market. The trains guarantee a safe service with utmost comfort when used in locomotive-hauled formation and as a self-propelled multiple unit. They can operate at 220km/h on both the standard international and Iberian gauge tracks and are designed for optimal efficiency. The trains’ lower maintenance and operating costs can help operators to increase profitability and expand the life-cycle of the product to over four decades.
After supplying hundreds of cars to Renfe as part of orders for Series 130 and 730 trains, Talgo supplied a further 10 trains which are arguably the most modern and high-end night trains ever built. On board the Hotel-Trains, passengers can enjoy an immensely comfortable overnight journey - and at high speed.
Dream your travels away
- Super-reclining seats (ASPR) in Standard Class, similar to those available on a long-distance flight.
- Independent cabins in Grand Class, with two sleeping berths.
- Information and entertainment systems at-seat and in the cabin.
- Bar-buffet car and dining car with menu service.
- The mobility of a train with the comfort of a hotel.
Silent and stable rolling assembly
- Silent and comfortable running gear at speeds of up to 220km/h.
- Avoids the effects of pressure waves in tunnels or when trains pass each other.
- Tilting system permits greater speeds in curves, without sacrificing comfort.
- Automatic gauge changeover at 15km/h means the train does not have to stop.
- More powerful braking and a lower centre of gravity offers better dynamic behaviour.
A car for every need
Two Classes: Standard Class (136 seats) and Grand Class (98 sleeping berths).
- Completely accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- 18 cars for passenger transport, 10 of which have sleeping berths.
- IGBT converter systems with 400kVA incorporated in end-cars.
- Can be coupled with previous models.
- Fire detectors in all cabins and lounges as well as fire-proof barriers.