Galería - Strizh - corporate
The best night service option for the Russian network
Due to its superior interior facilities, extensive experience in very long-distance services, and an exceptional track-record for maintenance, Russian Railways (RZD) has entrusted Talgo to develop a train series to provide international rail services from Moscow to various destinations in Central Europe.
RZD is one of the most demanding rolling stock buyers in the world. Besides operating and managing the world's second-largest railway network, with more than 85,000km, it strictly assesses which trains can offer the best result on each route.
Perhaps this is why RZD chose Talgo to manufacture three trains for the complex international service between Moscow and Berlin, which requires the use of an automatic variable gauge system, and four trains for services between Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod, which entered service in June 2015.
From Moscow to Berlin, with no stops
- Automatic gauge change from 1520mm Russian gauge to 1435mm standard European gauge.
- Hot air blowing system can adjust the width of the rodal Talgo truck in any climatic condition.
- Satisfactory tests with up to 15cm of snow on the rail.
- Operating at high-speeds means that trains can cover 1800km in only 20 hours.
- Technical interoperability that complies with all standards including GOST, which provides certification for operation in Russia and 14 other countries in the region, European standard (ETIs), and the specific regulations of Poland and Germany, which include, for example, the use of a magnetic brake.
More speed with less investment
- Maximum speed of up to 200km/h.
- Lightweight cars that facilitate fast acceleration and reduce energy costs.
- Total compatibility with any diesel or electric locomotive.
- Natural tilting that reduces travel times and offers a more pleasant ride without having to invest in infrastructure improvements.
- Russia's generous loading gauge enables the use of wider cars, with less free space under the bodyshell.
The best service
- High capacity: 20 cars can transport more than 400 passengers.
- Air conditioning prepared for thermal oscillations of 80ºC.
- Gentle rolling assembly: noise and accelerations are less noticeable inside the train.
- Onboard Wi-Fi access.
- Bar-buffet car and dining car.
- Accessible toilets and floor at the same height throughout the entire train.