Vittal - corporate
VITTAL, Suburban and Regional Trains With Maximum Accessibility
Speed, comfort, accessibility, low operation costs and environmentally- friendly performance are all features which define the newest product in the Talgo’s portfolio, VITTAL, its new electric train for suburban and regional operations. Like Talgo’s other trains, VITTAL is an adaptable product defined by its easy-access, which reduces stop times at stations and speeds up boarding and disembarking for passengers.
Effective short distance and inter-city rail services require passengers to board and disembark trains quickly in order to reduce the time spent at stops and stations to maximise operational efficiency. They also need sturdy vehicles which provide the flexibility to lower operating costs. This is why Talgo offers energy-efficient single-deck electric trains, which eliminate the need for passengers, including those with reduced mobility, to use stairs or steep slopes for boarding and alighting trains or for passing between cars.
Talgo’s Suburban and Regional EMU range offers railway operators from around the world flexible configuration options as well as high levels of comfort and reliability, which is based on Talgo’s years of experience of producing high-speed trains.
An accessible train is a faster train
- Exclusive technology for suburban or regional services: Floor at platform level.
- Single floor: no stairs within the train.
- Easy use for passengers with reduced mobility.
- Expedites passenger boarding and disembarking.
- Shortens travel times.
Less weight, less energy consumption
- Lightweight, lighter than trams but with all the operating features of heavy rail.
- Reduced wheel stress on the tracks due to its automatic wheel guidance.
- Lower maintenance costs for train and tracks.
- High energy efficiency.
Free of barriers and obstructions
- More spacious interiors compared with other similar trains.
- Barrier-free interiors.
- Facilitates an even passenger distribution.
- Flexibility to adapt on-board facilities to the needs of each operation.
A train for every need
- Suitable for operation on any track gauge, including 1435mm, 1520mm and 1668mm.
- Suitable for all types of electrification: 1,5kV or 3kV dc, 15kV or 25kV ac.
- Multi-tension systems are also available at the client's request.
- Diesel-traction train.
- Hybrid features for last mile diesel operation or on non-electrified sections.
|Track gauge (mm)||1435-1520-1668|
|Floor height (mm)||550 from rail head|
|Length (m)||75m (4 cars)|
|Bodyshell width (mm)||2900|
|Unladen weight (tonnes)||131 tonnes (4 cars)|
|Number of axles||10|
|Passengers/ WC||Depends on configuration|
|Power supply||25kV 50Hz ac|
Other power supplies available at client's request
|Power||2 x 1,100 kW|
|Brakes||Regenerative, rheostatic and air brakes|